This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

sdComponentTree

5 replies to this topic

ddgvr

ddgvr
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 06:34

Pls help me on this.
I use the sdComponentTree for an installation. While unintalling I want to disable the checkbox for a particular node if it is installed. How do I disable the checkbox in sdComponentTree.
DEV

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:30

You can check and disable a component by making it required by some other component (which can be an invisible component).

You cannot disable an unchecked component entry in that dialog. If you need to do this you can build a custom dialog, based on one of the samples here:
http://www.installsi...s/en/isp_ui.htm

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 15:03

I tried this with InstallShieldProf. 6.12, but without success.

Example: In the SdComponentTree the component A and B should be visible and A should be checked and disabled. User should only check/uncheck B. So I activated A in setup type pane, then added a third component C, under required components I choose A and then made component C invisible. => Result: In SdComponentTree only A and B are displayed, but also A ist enabled and can be checked/unchecked.

What is the problem?

Thank You
Ralf

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:22

So you have three components: A, B, and C. In component C properties you enetered "Required component: B". C is selected in the setup types pane. And C is invisible. This should work (has always worked for me).

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:57

Hi Stefan,
I followed your description. But it does not work: Component B is still enabled in sdComponentTree (can be checked/unchecked).

Afterwards I found the reason: There existed already an installation with this GUID. But in this older installation the invisible component C was not included. So component B was always enabled. The new installation now run as an update installation. And component B remained enabled. Only when running as a "first" installation the component B is disabled in SdComponentTree.

Might it be a solution to delete component B completely and afterwards create it once more in the project? Perhaps additionally changing the components name?

Thank you
Ralf

Edited by Ralf, 14 March 2007 - 14:23.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 14:49

I would instead change your project GUID Ralf as that's really the right way to solve this problem.
user posted image