This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup Needs The Next Disk

1 reply to this topic

raymondreid

raymondreid
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 17:11

Hi all,

I have a large installshield installation which contains several products.  These products are only installed if the entered serial number (which is entered on the installation) allows the specific products to be entered.  All of this works no problem.  If an user has a new serial number which allows them to have access to another product in the installation, the user can do one of two things.

1) Double click on the install shield executable, and then select modify.  Enter the new serial number, and the new product is installed.  

2) Go to Control Panel, and then select Add/Remove Programs.  Select the product, and then select Add/Remove programs.  Select modify from the Installshield installation, enter the new serial number.  Installshield starts to install the new product, but popups a message box saying Setup needs the next disk; Please insert disk 1 that contains the data2.cab file.  The data2.cab file doesn't exist on the client machine.  I would have thought that the setup cab files would be kept on the client's machine.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Raymond Hall-Reid
MicroCompass Systems Limited.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 23:33

I don't have a way around this since I don't use IS's Maintenance mode functionality.

However, from my experience, only the minimum set of files are left around afterwards on the local PC.  Especially since the subsequent CAB file(s) are generally large.

For further proof of this, check out the subdirectories under:
- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information

Although it seems perfectly reasonable.  At a minimum, maybe you can find a way to get the necessary data back off the original media.