This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

setup with .NET Framework inside

1 reply to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:34

Hi all,
I'm using InstallShield 10.5, and my target machine is WinXPsp1.

I've just created an empty setup, and checked the ".NET Framework" option in the Release Wizard (.NET Framework 1.1).
I tried to build, but it failed, claiming that .NET Framework reditributables were missing. I downloaded .NET Framwork 1.1 English, and .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 English and tried to build again. This time it failed because it couldn't find the SP1 redistributable: 1033dotnetfxsp1.exe. It turned out that what I downloaded was dotnetfxsp1.exe, and had to be renamed.
Finally, the build was successful, but then, when I launched the installation and clicked "yes" to install .NET Framework, the installation hang!
It only continued if I clicked NO (I had to install .NET Framework manually before launching my setup).
Anybody got this behavior?
Also, the prompt to install .NET framework says that "this setup can OPTIONALLY install .NET Framework", but in my case, it's not optional. How can I cause my setup to install .NET without this prompt (and without getting stuck...)?

Thanks.
/=/=/=/=/=[br]Deus[br]/=/=/=/=/=

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:11

I don't think that renaming the SP1 file is the right thing to do. There are different Framework SPs depending on OS: I think there's one language neutral (dotnetfxsp1.exe) for all Windows versions except 2003, plus several language specific versions (like 1033dotnetfxsp1.exe where 1033 is the language code) for 2003. Using the wrong SP might cause the hang.

Also there was a bug in 10.5 that coudl cause the Framework install to hang. It should be fixed in 10.5 SP1.

In the setings of your release (property grid) there's an option to turn offf that "Framework optionally" dialog.