This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield Express 5 newbie question...

1 reply to this topic

Kai0n7

Kai0n7
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 22:28

Hi, everyone... I've been reading through the forum for a day or two now and I haven't been able to find anything about this, so I just figured I would ask.

I'm trying to create an install to a specific folder, which must be on the root directory of any harddrive. My question is, is there anyway to hardcode the install folder, and just allow the user to choose the drive they want it installed on?

Any help with this would be MUCH appreciated.

Kai

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:25

You could just remove the whole custom installation folder dialog and hard code the install to a folder under the system drive's "Program Files" hierarchy. If this is an acceptable solution I will write up how to do it. It basically involves changing the events associated with the buttons on the dialog prior to and the dialog after the dialog that changes the install folder. That was a terrible sentence smile.gif.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 04 June 2004 - 06:27.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul