This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Batch File Execution

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 14:56

I have the batch file that runs the SQL Scripts in the oracle database.
I used the function LaunchAppAndWait(TempFolder ^ "\\ICMSSQL\\RunSQL.bat", "", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);. The batch file has the code "sqlplus icmsapp/icmsapp@icmsora @Insert.sql" and the script file has one insert statement but the Installshield was not waiting to complete the batch file exection and also no record has not been inserted in the respective tables. Please help me how to resolve this?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 18:26

LaunchAppAndWait can only run executables, not bates. So you would have to run cmd.exe and pass in the patch to your .bat file (with the /C parameter I think).
But why don't you call whatever your batch file calls directly from your script?
Or why don#t you use the Database Server view in InstallShield (if you have version 11 which supports Oracle)

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 16:14

Thanks for your response. I am using the version 10 and I believe that the version 11 is the one support Oracle and not the version 10. Is it so?

You mentioned that
"why don't you call whatever your batch file calls directly from your script?"
If there is an option available, please let me know the steps.

Using version 11, can we perform all the database activity with Oracle just like the options provided for SQL Server in the InstallShield or is there any limitation for Oracle when comparing with SQL Server access from InstallShield.

Looking for your reply.. Thanks...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 21:40

I am using the version 10 and I believe that the version 11 is the one support Oracle and not the version 10. Is it so?

Yes, that's correct.
"why don't you call whatever your batch file calls directly from your script?"
If there is an option available, please let me know the steps.

It depends on the contents of your .bst file. For instance if you have:
foo.exe /bar
then you can call foo.exe from LaunchAppAndWait.
Using version 11, can we perform all the database activity with Oracle just like the options provided for SQL Server in the InstallShield or is there any limitation for Oracle when comparing with SQL Server access from InstallShield.

I don't really know because I haven't had to use Orcale recently. But I always recommend trying the free evaluation copy.