This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

\n not working in certain cases

2 replies to this topic

daitaku

daitaku
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 18:29

I have a function which asks for the user to check a box to send an e-mail:

function OnFirstUIAfter()
STRING szTitle, szMsg4, szMsg1, szMsg2, szNote, szOption1, szOption2;
STRING szOperation, szFileName, szParameters, szDirectory;
NUMBER bOpt1, bOpt2;

begin
Disable(STATUSEX);

ShowObjWizardPages(NEXT);
bOpt1 = FALSE;
bOpt2 = FALSE;
switch(SELECTED_LANGUAGE)
case(ISLANG_FRENCH_STANDARD):
szOption1= "Cocher pour envoyer un courriel nous avisant de \nla mise-à-jour de voitre site.";
case(ISLANG_FRENCH_CANADIAN):
szOption1= "Check here to send an e-mail to X to confirm \nyour site has been upgraded to version X.";
default:
szOption1= "Click here to send an e-mail to X to confirm \nyour site has been upgraded to version X.";
endswitch;
szOption2= "";
szMsg1 = SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_MSG1);
SdFinishEx(szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2,szOption1, szOption2, bOpt1, bOpt2);

My first option was to use the Table String to create a @STRING and use it in szOption1. It would however not carry on two lines even with \n in it (I would get two black vertical lines and then it would cut off). I then tried the switch seen above just to see if it would change anything from using the string in the string table but the result was the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 19:06

I've only used \n in message boxes, but it's probably just that the pre-defined SdFinishEx dialog doesn't support it.
user posted image

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:41

I wanted to check the function at support.installshield.com/kb but recently they removed the online documentation from the knowledge base ...

There are very few dialog boxes that support multiline text.
Most do have a maximum length for the textfiled contents, so it's sometimes difficult to get the setup the way it is supposed to be ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas