This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Destination wrong

3 replies to this topic

Michael Oerder

Michael Oerder
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 14:38

I am using ISWI 2.03.
I try to create a merge module which should install a local com server (exe). The component with the com server file has been created with Component Wizzard. Inside the wizzard I entered "[CommonFilesFolder]Companyname" for the destination folder. In the final component the destination entry was "[CommonFilesFolderCompanyname]". I double checked this behaviour. It seems to be a bug in ISWI.
I corrected that manually but when I include the merge module in a real setup project the local server executable is copied to "....\Common Files". There is no subdirectory "Companyname".
Has anyone an idea ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 September 2001 - 16:29

Did you try [CommonFilesFolder]\Companyname (with backslash) in the wizard?

Michael Oerder

Michael Oerder
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 07:02

Hello Stefan,

I tried that.
The result is that the destination entry in the final component is identical to the string I entered in the wizzard but the directory "Companyname" is not created when I execute a setup that uses the merge module. The com server file is copied directly to "Common Files".

Michael Oerder

Michael Oerder
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 07:22

I seems to me that the project gets damaged, when the entry for the destination folder is changed inside the Component Wizzard.

I created a new blank merge module. With Component Wizzard I created a new Component with the same local com server that I used before. This time I left the destination folder inside the wizzard unchanged ( [INSTALLDIR] ). After the wizzard had finished I changed the destination of the component to "[CommonFilesFolder]Companyname".

It works now.