This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Event Log Errors

5 replies to this topic

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 August 2001 - 19:32

Greetings,

I am using ISWI 2.03 for my installations.  On my application that are Web Based I seem to be getting error in the NT Application Event Log stating the following:

Detection of product 'MyProduct', feature 'MyFeature' failed during
request for component 'MyComponent'

Detection of product 'MyProduct', feature 'MyFeature', component
'MyComponent' failed

The error message always seem to come in pairs where in the first message it fails on the request for any of variuos COM dll's.  The second error refers to a missing or messed up Visual Basic Runtime Merge Module.  I am positive that the files are getting installed to the machine.  I have verified this using MsiSpy.exe, which says that the files are installed on the local machine.  

I do not get any of these errors with my client server applications installation.  It only seems to happen with Web Based applications that typically start out with a Logon Screen.  I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that the web applications run under the IUSR account?  

Any help or similar experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Kurt

DavidCahill

DavidCahill
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 11:49

Hi,
I am having almost the exact same problem.
I get the same event viewer warnings. In my case the component they refer to is a service which is used with a Web application. I have found that if I register the service manually, the errors disappear but cannot get this to work correctly from my installer.

Did you manage to find out what the problem was in your case?
Any suggestions you might have or any other information you think might be useful would be much appreciated.

thanks,
David

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 02:02

I also got the exact same problem, but it was with the activex controls in my case. Did you guys find out the reason? It will be really great if any of you can help me out to fix this one.

Thanks.

Kenny Lee

Kenny Lee
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 16:04

Hello All,
I am having nearly the exact same problem. If anyone has gotten around this problem and has any information I'd appreciate it too.
Thanks,
Kenny Lee

DavidCahill

DavidCahill
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 16:09

Hello,
I managed to get around this problem by manually registering the component that was causing the errors.
I monitored the registry to see what registry information was added by the component and included this information into my project. This fixed the problem for me.

Hope this helps
David

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 00:53

Good Find!

Thanks David!