This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Feature Install

2 replies to this topic

ktbrownusa

ktbrownusa
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 15:56

I have two features, one, FA, has the install level set to 200 the other, FB, the default 100. I have a property PropA set to 0 or 1, depending on the type of install. I have set a condition in the FA that PropA=1, Install Level 201.

What I am trying to achieve is when PropA = 0, only FB is installed, when PropA = 1 then both FA and FB are installed. Neither feature is available for the user to select. I have tried creating a CA to set the MSIInsallLevel if PropA = 1 and put that in the sequence next to the InializeInstall, but this doesn't seem to work either.

Any Help?

Kevin

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 23:43

You could try using ControlEvents to set the feature state (AddLocal and Remove).

Try this. Its possible the feature state you set is being changed by another action.

Running with verbose log mode should help you out.

vijayakumar

vijayakumar
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:56

Hi,

Not clear thou what you are trying to achieve.

1. You have 2 features FA and FB
2. You have a property PropA set to 0 or 1 (How this is being set?)
3. If PropA=0, then you dont want FA to be installed. Need only FB to be installed?
4. If PropA=1, then you want both FA and FB to be installed.

If the above is what you are trying to achieve, then you can do so by setting the install level to 0(zero) instead of setting it to 201 on the feature FA.
This would make sure that FA is not installed.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is any deviation in my understanding.

-Vijay