This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry entries created during Install, but not Modify

3 replies to this topic

dkingston

dkingston
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 14:28

I have a CA in the Execute sequence that successfully inserts records in the Registry table of the Installer database, and the registry entries are successfully created during the initial install.
I have constructed my dialogs such that when you rerun the package and choose Modify, a custom dialog gathers the info again from the user (same dialog used during the initial install).  The CA in the Execute sequence does insert the new records in the database during the Execute sequence, I verified the existence of the records immediately prior to the WriteRegistryValues action, but the new registry entries are not created.

Obviously there is a difference between Install and Modify that I don't understand.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 17:16

The keyfile of the component the registry keys are related to is not being installed (It is already present) therefore the registry keys will not be installed.

(Edited by Ian Blake at 5:17 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

dkingston

dkingston
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 01:51

Thanks, Ian. You opened the door for me.  

The key was that when I run the install to add the second set of keys, I need to run with _IsMaintenance = "Reinstall", rather than _IsMaintenance = "Change".  Then, if the keys I'm trying to install are different, they will be installed along side the previous ones.