This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Rollback Custom Action

3 replies to this topic

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:21

Hi,
I have a BAsic MSI Project and I am changing the target system through the Custom Actions. If the installation is inturrepted in between then the changes made by the Custom Actions are not rollbacked.

All my custom actions are for Immediate Execution and are sequenced in Execute Sequence after Install Files.

I made the rollback custom action for each custom action. The Rollback Custom Action calls an InstallScript function for rollbacking all the changes. This is not working. All the changes remains as it is.

How can I rollback changes made by the Custom Action. Plz help.

Swati

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 13:04

Make sure that RollBack CA is between InstallInitialize & InstallFinalize.
  ankur tyagi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 13:10

You need to make your install custom actions deferred. See this article for some background information:
Installation Phases and In-Script Execution Options for Custom Actions in Windows Installer
http://www.installsi...00108/index.htm

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:28

Thanx a lot for the reply.
Its working now. I made my custom actions as deferred and now it is taking the rollback custom actions.

Swati