This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install app for all users on 9x\ME

2 replies to this topic

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 00:50

There is a property ALLUSERS for NT and W2K to install app for all users as per machine.  Is there a way to do the same for windows 98 and ME?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 04:08

95/98 install for all users of the machine, regardless of the value that is set for ALLUSERS in the property table.  I'm not sure what the behavious is for Me, but I'm assuming that it would be the same, given it is the successor to 98.

schickb

schickb
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 00:09

When user profiles are enabled for Windows 98 (haven't tested other version) Windows Installer does put the Start Menu shortcuts in just the profile of the user who did the installation.

In fact, if I manually copy these shortcuts to another user's start menu I get a Windows installer error when they are used.

Any way to work around this issue? I would like to install the application for all users (profiles). Is this possible on Win9x with user profiles enabled?