This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch deletes .dll unwittingly

2 replies to this topic

templebl

templebl
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 19:08

ISWI 2.03

I have created a patch to update 1 file.  The patch deletes another file for no reason (that I can see).  This is  a 3rd party file delivered to \system32 by the original install.  It has not been changed or updated in my source directory or in my .ism.  It has exactly the same settings in my .ism as another file (which does not get deleted).

Out of exasperation, I deleted the Component for the 3rd party .dll from my patched .msi.  And ran the Patch Wizard again.  Low and behold, it leaves the file in place when I run the Update.exe.  This seems like it is working exactly backwards.  And why just for this one file?  Any ideas?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 21:42

Are you adding new components to existing features?

templebl

templebl
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 21:24

No, I am replacing 1 file.  That is not the file at issue here.  It is a file delivered with the original install to System32.  There is no change to this file with the patched build -- yet the patch deletes it.  So I removed that Component from the patched build and now the patch leaves the file in place.