This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Finding extracted files

1 reply to this topic

raza.ali@vyopta.com

raza.ali@vyopta.com
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 00:14

(I realized I made a mistake by asking this question in the other group. It probably belongs here.)

---------

Apologies if this question is too basic or has been answered previously (I couldn't find it).

I'm trying to launch a config utility during the installation process, before the rest of the installation continues.

So as soon as the files are available in the TARGETDIR I would like to launch one of those files (the utility) let it do its job and then continue with the rest of the installation.

I wrote an install script and placed it in the sequence after "InstallFiles" step. The script does get called but it is not able to find the file. When I checked manually, the folders and files weren't there yet.

Please suggest how do I achieve the objective?

For your reference, I am including the script here:

szProgram = INSTALLDIR ^ "ConfigUtility.bat";

szCmdLine = szServiceUsername + "/" + szServicePassword;

if Is(FILE_EXISTS, szProgram) then  //this always returns false
         // Run the batch file.
         iRetVal = LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT); 

Thanks

--

EDIT:

So I created a "Set a Property" custom action, and gave the property name as the InstallScript function name (from the script that is deferred). I sequenced the 'set-a-property' action to occur right before the deferred action.

Result: it's not even extracting files or creating any program directories. Something is failing but I don't know what.

Edited by raza.ali@vyopta.com, 19 February 2015 - 01:15.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 18:55

File instalaltion happens in the deferred phase. So your custom action must be deferred, or it must be placed after InstallFinalize.