This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

running a v3.x Setup silently

2 replies to this topic

drosten

drosten
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 17:39

I have an IS (non-Windows Installer) Setup from a third-party vendor, which I want to launch

silently from my IS v6 Setup. Their Setup is v3.x and I should be able to use Setup -r to generate a

silent response file (.iss) and then use that thereafter as Setup /f1response.iss /s to make the

silent run.

I've tried:
setup /r
setup /f1C:\temp\setup.iss /r
setup /f2C:\temp\InstaCalLog.txt /s

The first two run the installer normally but do not produce a response file. The third generates the

log, but does not run silently.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks,
:-David

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:55

Until you create the ISS anything other than /r isn't gonna do you much good.  These days that created in the WINDOWS/WINNT directory, but I'm guessing it's not made one based on you description.

However I've never done a silent install for IS3 before, so you should probably try and find documentation online which documents/describes which command lines were available at that time.

You may also want to try a -r, but I can't say that will work any better.
user posted image

drosten

drosten
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 14:47

Thanks for the reply.  IS article Q102170 implies the -r and -s switches were available for v3.x.  I did try both /r and -r, but couldn't get either to work.