This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

listbox and editbox control relationship

2 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 03:55

hi guys,
Im using IPWI2.03 and I made a dialog box with editbox and listbox. The editbox values should be related depending on the selected values on the listbox. For example I clicked one item in the listbox, the value shown in the editbox should be the item I selected in the listbox. The value of the editbox should be change upon selecting item in the listbox.

How can I do this??? I dont know what control event should I use to make this work or do I have do use a script???  Any Idea???

I would be very grateful for any help. I really need this to work in my project. =)

thanks in advance,
Dyerald

Edge

Edge
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2001 - 13:41

It's simple to put the same value in the editbox as the selected item in the listbox.  Suppose you linked a property LISTPROP to the listbox and a property EDITPROP to the edit box.  Then in the events of your listbox put the following.  For the event write: [EDITPROP]. For the argument, use [LISTPROP] and put the condition to 1.  This should update your edit control immediately, and I think it does.
Let me now if it doesn't.

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 04:21

Hi

Thanks for answering my post here. I have followed you instructions but when I run it I got Inernal Error and then the setup aborted.

Error:  Enternal 2806, Destination, TeleButler
Desc: The dialog Destination failed to evaluate the condition TeleButler

I don't get it... what does it mean? I think the condition didn't work. Is there anyting that I forgot to do??

I hope any reply soon... Thanks again in advance

Dyerald