This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FNPLicensingService.exe

2 replies to this topic

AlexLX

AlexLX
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 16:34

Hi,

I am trying to add this service into my sample project(admin setup) using Advanced Setting->Services.

However when I run my setup(as an administrator) it gives me an error:

"Error 1920.Service TLS_Service (TLS_Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

Following are the settings:
Enable Service Install : Yes
Key Name : Trial_TLS_Service
Display Name : FNPLicensingService
Service Type : win32 that runs on its own process
Interact with desktop : No
Start Type : Automatic
Error Control : Log the error,display a message, and continue
Abort install on failure : No

Can anybody help me out ,why I am getting this error,how FNPLicensingService
is implemented?

Thanks,
Alex

Edited by AlexLX, 02 February 2012 - 16:38.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 22:49

Does your service have any dependencies that are required to be on the system for it to start? I have found that for .Net managed services which require .net assemblies in the GAC to run will not start normally. The sequence that starts the service is scheduled before the step that installs files to the GAC. Silly oversight I know. Since I didn't want to override the sequence, I authored a custom action to start my service at the end of the installation (post install finalize).

This problem may not be limited to Managed assemblies however. There may be critical system changes not made when the service is started that would cause it to fail. When you get this error, look at the state of the PC and ensure that all of the required pieces for the service are on the system. (PATH environment changes, GAC assemblies, or any registry updates)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:07

The settings you posted are for *creating* the service. However the error you get is about *starting* the service. So creating the service seems to work. Look at the "Control Settings" section. Maybe as a test cheange it so that your setup doesn't try to start the service. Now that the install can complete, try to start the service manually. Does that work?