This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Hiding AppSearch Verbiage

10 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 13:31

I am searching for a file in a certain directory (via Signature, AppSearch, and DrLocator tables).  When the install fires off, the Property Name and Signature are displayed on the initial Welcome Screen, I believe.  The amount of time they are displayed varies based on machine speed.  The Welcome Screen with my edited verbiage is then displayed.

Is there any way of hiding the AppSearch mechanism's Property and Signature from being displayed?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 19:57

Open the SetupInitialization dialog in the dialog editor and make the ActionText and ActionData controls invisible. (These are static text controls. Use the combo box with the control names to find them on the dialog because they are empty and therefore hard to find)

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 19:59

I thought it was something like that, I just didn't know where to look.

Thanks Stefan!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 21:19

I tried making the visible control attribute False for both the ActionText and ActionData controls of the SetupInitialization dialog.  This did not seem to work as the AppSearch Property and Signature are still displayed.

I then tried making the Enabled attribute False as well.  This didn't work either.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 07:40

Did you rebuild the release, and change the package code for the new msi file?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 13:51

Just to be sure, I changed all involved codes (like starting with a fresh/new product), changed Visible attribute to FALSE for the above mentioned controls, and the verbiage is still displayed.  

I must be missing something.

Please help, if you can!

As always, Thanks!!!!!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 14:00

Can I just delete the two txt controls from the SetupInitialization dialog?  Would that interfer with proper functionality of AppSearch in general?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 15:51

I also tried putting a condition on the ActionDatatxt control.  I tried to hide the control if, lets say, TXTHIDE property is = "".  This is a property that will always be null (not involved in the install in any other way).

I don't know if it is too early in the install process to deal with properties such as this, but this didn't work either.

The reason I want to hide this is because, without much foresight and for testing purposes, I used Property and Signature names specific to one type of our users.  I could go back in and rename these items, but I use the property all over for conditional purposes.  It would be a pain to seek and change all occurrences.

Thanks Again!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 17:10

Deleting those controls should not hurt.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 13:17

For some reason, it doesn't appear that I can delete the ActionData control.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 15:05

Cheesy solution - I just changed the Width attribute on the ActionData control 0.  Doing this seems to, in effect, hide the control.

Prior to this I tried simply deleting the control, tried a Hide condition on the control, etc..  Nothing else seemed to do it for me!!