This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Deferred custom action - access Property

1 reply to this topic

philsnelson

philsnelson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 13:57

I have two installs - each has a deferred CA written in Installscript which accesses a PROPERTY previously set my a dialogue.
In one the PROPERTY is correctly retrieved using MsiGetProperty - in the other the call returns blank.

In the one that fails the property is accessed successfully off another immediate execution CA in the dialogue itself so I know the value has been set.

Any ideas why - according to INstallshield Knowledgebase - deferred CA's in Installshield Developer 8 can access directly PROPERTY values and indeed this is born oout by my experience in the first install.

I cannot see any difference between the two installs as far as the CA execution is concerned but one works and one doesn't.

philsnelson

philsnelson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 14:32

ok - discovered this - which was the problem

If you set the value of your property in the User Interface sequence and you're trying to read the value in the Execute sequence, make sure you're using a public property (one whose name contains only uppercase letters); during the jump from the UI to the Execute sequence, private properties (whose names contain at least one lowercase letter) are reset.