Microsoft Chat (60 minutes): You ask - we answer. In the November Windows Installer chat, experts from the Windows Installer and the WiX teams at Microsoft will sit down at their keyboards and answer your questions about using WiX to create Windows Installer packages.
Microsoft is using a new chat interface
Microsoft has updated their chat software. It's using HTML and script, but no ActiveX control anymore, and it's using standard HTTP ports. Therefore you should be able to attend the chat even if you are behind a firewall. Here are some important hints:
- A Microsoft Passport is required to enter the chat room. If you don't have one get one free at http://www.passport.net
- Disable pop-up blocker software or allow popups from the chat site. Whispering (private chat) and setting your preferences requires popups, but by default XP SP2 will block them. If you enable popups during the chat, the page will reload and you loose all previous chat content.
- Use the "Ask the Experts" radio button to submit a question to the Experts from Microsoft. They will not see your question when "peer chat" is selected. You no longer need to preface your question with Q:
- Use the "Add code sample" button to insert text formatted as source code.
- User names can now include blanks and some special characters.
Date and Time
Tuesday, November 9, 2004 at 19:00 UTC, which is equivalent to the following times:
11:00AM Pacific Time = 2:00PM Eastern Time = 19:00 BST = 20:00 CET
See what time this is in your time zone
Add to Calendar