This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Insert CA into Dialog Sequence

5 replies to this topic

Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2001 - 18:16

I'm trying to insert a CA into the user dialog sequence of an install.  I need to ask user to insert a floppy disk, then run the CA to copy some files from the floopy, but also handle the error if they dont insert the disk, and try again if they dont, until they do!

I cant see a way of putting this CA into the install dialog sequence, and then carrying on.  when i put it outside the dialog sequence, (has to be after components selected) the install fails with a 'install interupted' error.

Can anyone help?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2001 - 18:40

To put it in the dialogs sequence, call it from a DoAction action on the Next button of a dialog.

Check the return value of your CA, or set it to "ignore return value". Looks like your CA returns a value that the Installer interprets as abort. CA return values are documented in MSI Help.

Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2001 - 19:10

thank you!

Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2001 - 19:13

Would you know how to get the custom action to go onto the next dialog?

Jeff Day

Jeff Day
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2001 - 20:57

Instead of making the custom action move you to the next dialog, set a property within your CA upon success, then add a NewDialog with it checking the CA success property as a condition. This makes things a lot easier and retains functionality within it's respective place.

Regards,

Jeff Day