This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to constitute path for "SourceFile"

1 reply to this topic

Amol_MSI

Amol_MSI
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:02

I have "LICENSE.rtf" files for each language. I have defined a property in WIX script which indicates language code, such as "ja" for Japanese. In License dialog box I want to display text for license agreement through source file that I specify in "SourceFile" attribute. I want to constitute path for this source file using property that I have defined for language code, for Japanese it should take text from "../resource/ja/LICENSE.rtf" file similarly for English it should take from "../resource/en/LICENSE.rtf". I tried using "../resource/[langcode]/LICENSE.rtf" this but I am getting an error. Please let me know if anybody has done this.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 15:01

For the scrollable text control the RTF content gets embedded diretly in the control table at build time.
If you need to switch the language at runtime (and therefore can't use a language transform, which would be the standard metod for localization) you can stack multiple of these scrollable text control on top of each other, one per languge. Then use conditions to make one of them visible at runtime.