This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Strings as parameters

2 replies to this topic

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 17:58

I have to pass several strings to a custom DLL, and also sometimes to a CA type 19. There seems to be no way to do this via the string table, which rather makes a mockery of multi-language support. Does anyone know a way? (You can pass a property, or a string literal, or in the case of a CA 19 an index into the error table - but then you get the same problem - how do you get a string into a property? I know you can use scripts, but IS sripts are non-standard, may compromise logo qualification in the future, add greatly to the size of the package and slow it down, so I would rather do without. I've also tried many combinations of {{, [[, [{, {[ etc - to no effect). Any ideas?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 20:00

You can add the string to a property in the property table.

eg.  
Name   YourPropertyName
Value  ##YourStringTableName##

Alternately you can add the string to the UIText table but it is a little harder to retrieve the string from there.

Hope this helps.

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 09:40

Oh - can you? That's one thing I hadn't tried! Do you mean enter the property value as {MY_STRING} ? - well, I guess I can experiment!