New in this version:
- New dialog designs for Basic MSI give you fresh choices for the look-and-feel of your installation’s user interface—improving the end-user experience.
- SaaS Support (IIS 7 and SSL technologies) makes it easy for you to deploy Windows®-based Web applications.
- With latest Windows Mobile platform support, including Windows Embedded CE 6.x, you can easily create installations for mobile devices and expand your deployment to all Window CE platforms, Pocket PC and Smartphone devices
- Enhanced support for digital signing—save time by digitally signing all your files at build time
- New InstallShield Best Practices Validation Suite is an additional tool to help you avoid common installation issues
- Enhanced view structure that consolidates and organizes all release-related settings within one view
- Automation interface improvements give you more flexibility in automation— minimizing manual intervention through the IDE
- Improved XML support, including XML unit testing—save time when you test XML configuration changes in installation projects
- Windows Vista support enhancements—new and improved support for Windows Vista in InstallScript and One-Click Install installations
- Required EULA reading—"force" end users to read the EULA by requiring that they scroll to the end of the EULA for the installation to proceed
Tip - if you plan to upgrade: With Windows Server 2008 in sight and Microsoft’s plan for the next version of Windows Installer, it’s likely that you will also want to get InstallShield 2009 next year. In this case you can save money if you buy version 2008 with a maintenance plan, because the extra charge for maintenance is less than the price for a single upgrade. Note that you must buy the maintenance plan bundled with InstallShield 2008; it’s not possible to buy maintenance separately.