This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI uninstalls required DLL's on Windows 95

2 replies to this topic

AdamBell

AdamBell
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 13:34

Ok, I have just packaged a bespoke application for a company to be deployed on Windows 95. The desktops have 1.1 installed.

The package is temporary, until the 2K rollout later this year. With this in mind the package is fairly simple, no merge modules. The application does dontain DCOM95 and a bunch of updated system DLL's.

Installs and works a treat. However if you rip it out, it nails all the DLL's too, which on some machines cripples other applications.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to handle this issue? I was advised by one of their technical people that it was prompting that the file was in use prior to deleting (the usual dialogue - you wanna keep this file?). Now I have been told this apparently is not the case?!?

Thanks in advance

Adam

DavidCahill

DavidCahill
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 11:51

Have you marked the system files as 'shared'?
You could also set them to be permanent so they will never be removed.

David
David

AdamBell

AdamBell
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 14:49

David,

ohhh we are talking about setting the attributes on the component *light bulb clicks*

Thanks for the help, I will try the various values described in the MSI.chm to see if it does the trick :)

Adam