This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1720 while calling a Custom action.

4 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:40

Hi ,

I have created a Vbscript which deletes the installation files and folder from the sysrtem and created a custom action for this Vbscript to run when the user selects the Remove option in the maintenence mode... When i run the script alone through command prompt it works fine but it throws this error while running through the instatller.

Error 1720 : There is a Problem with this installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnle or package vendor..Custom action "Vbscript name".

I have also upgraded my windows installer but still the error occurs , can someone help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:09

a log file might have more error details. My guess is that you are calling the Wscript object or something like that. VBScript custoim action use Windows Installer itself as their host, so you should remove the Wscript.

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:57

Hi Stefan ,

Now that i have removed the WSCRIPT statement the error no more occurs but the below code doesnt work , can you please let me know what i am doing here is right?

Dim fso, MyFile
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

on error resume next

If fso.folderexists("C:\\Program Files\\abcd")Then
Set MyFile = fso.DeleteFolder("C:\\Program Files\\abcd",force)
End If

Its a very small snippet works fine using WSH but not within IS. Can you please suggest.

Regards,
Balaji

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:12

Stefan .

One more thing , i would like to know the installation of my product by quering the Registry and then delete if its present...So how do i use the Reg functions without creating a Shell. How can i call the Reg functions. ?

Regards.
Balaji

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:46

Hi Stefan ,

Finally succeeded in resolving the issue , the condition i had specified was not evaluated properly and it was causing the problem. Thanks for your help in answering all my queries.

Regards,
Balaji