This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remove is not working

4 replies to this topic

expert7

expert7
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 10:44

Even if remove is selected from Maintenance mode product is not getting removed. This does not happen always. Any clues??

Please help!!!!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 21:58

Could be that the supporting information (i.e. C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\<Project'sProductGUID>) is incomplete or corrupt. To test this theory, make a copy of the folder beforehand, and then do a comparison between one that's working & one that fails.

Also, have you tried stepping through it with the debugger? Look at the help topic "INFO: Debugging a Setup on a Test Machine" for how to do this on a non-development machine.

However, we could use more specifics in order to try and help you out. Which version of InstallShield Professional are you using? Also, is there any commonality to when it happens? Like same OS, same service pack, same installation history, etc.

Edited by TacoBell00, 15 June 2003 - 22:01.

user posted image

BBrownlee

BBrownlee
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 23:44

I continually have troubles with Read-Only files in my installs as my program's content/data has to be set to read-only to work on XP machines (fun!). This is easy to test, just make sure all your files are not read-only before you attempt to remove.

I'm not sure if Remove from Maintanence mode would have this same problem though, as I do not use Maintanence in my install.

Brandon

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:27

That brings up a good question. Are, in some case, just a few of the files not being removed -or- is the entire product not being removed? unsure.gif
user posted image

expert7

expert7
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 15:56

Thank you very much for the suggestions.
I will do a compare when this happens again.

I am using InstallShield Professional 6.3 and it is the product which is not getting removed.
What i do to resume is deletetion Uninstall Registry key.

And last time when it happened was a previous build was already installed and then we tried to remove it through the New build.