This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problems after upgrading to Developer 7.03

2 replies to this topic

crispy

crispy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 21:06

After upgrading to Develop 7.03 from 7.02 some of the calls to external DLLs started failing.  Specifically, I am using _LaunchAppEx to invoke one of the executables that was installed during one of the Feature OnInstalled events.  

This was working flawlessly in 7.02 but now fails.  The call to the DLL seems to work, but the command it is executing fails.

Any ideas?

Chris Pascoe

crispy

crispy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 17:47

Here are some more details on what's going on:

o My OnFeature_Installed handler invokes one of the installed executables.  

o The executable is then invoking a Java Virtual Machine.  The JVM is failing to load with an internal error (no additional information is given).  

o My file browse dialog also fails to initialize since upgrading to 7.03 (call to GetOpenFileNameA in comdlg32.dll).

I noticed in the 7.03 release notes that InstallShield now lets you call InstallScript during non-interactive installations.  This implys that they're invoking the script engine differently.  

Does anyone know if IS changed the way they invoke the script engine and/or if this could be affecting the way a JVM is loaded?

Chris Pascoe

TimLisko

TimLisko
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 14:11

I had other problems in the IDE when I installed 7.0 and patched to 7.03.  The InstallShield solution was to uninstall 7.02 and install 7.03 (full version), getting what appears to be an encryption key for the license key you provide.

Sorry, I no longer have their URL for that download, but I suspect you can find it on their support site. :p