This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstalling Redistributables

3 replies to this topic

SteveSS

SteveSS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:35

Hello,

Im currently working on a project that as part of its install needs to install 5 or 6 completly seperate programs. To do this ive added them as redistributables in my project and this works fine.

I was wondering is there an easy way to force the uninstall of these programs\redistributables when my main program is unistalled? An option displayed to the user that allows them to choose do it would be even better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Steve

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 13:12

You could call their uninstall in a custom action.

SteveSS

SteveSS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 14:11

Hi Stefan,

Im quite new to installshield x but i have used custom actions in my project for other things but what I don't get is how I would call the custom action from my uninstall?

The only way I see to do it would be to create a new project which just consists of 5\6 custom actions which call the uninstaller for the seperate products then a final custom action which calls teh uninstaller for my main program?

Could I amend the location of my main projects uninstaller with this new projects setup?

Is that right or is there a way of accessing an uninstaller event in the main project?

Thanks
Steve

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 20:28

You can add the custom action to your install with a condition of REMOVE~="ALL" . Of course this will only work if these prerequisite uninstalls are not MSI based.