This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error -1023 when using a homegrown merge module

2 replies to this topic

AlexH

AlexH
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 15:37

I've created a merge module that installs a large number of files (~10MB). I'm then going to use the module in a number of other MSI installs that I'm writing. The merge module compiles properly with no errors, but when I add it to one of my MSI projects and compile the project I get several errors numbered "-1023" telling me that a particular file "cannot be put into the release location". What is more confusing is that in each component where there is a file that causes an error, there are also files that seem to merge successfully. I can't see any correlation between the failing files (I thought initially it might be to do with the file name having spaces/illegal characters in, but some of the successfully merged files also have these characters). I would really appreciate any help on this, especially if someone else has already seen (and solved) this problem.

AlexH

AlexH
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2001 - 14:44

This problem seems to have been something to do with path lengths after all. I used to build my projects into a fairly deep folder path (four or five folders). When I moved my release folder to "C:\Releases" this problem disappeared (I moved the release folder of the project that was using the merge module, rather than the release folder of the merge module itself).