This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditionally Installing Components

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 16:52

I am having a problem installing components conditionally on Win 9X systems.  I understand why (CostFinalize occurs once on 9X) so I guess I should say I am having problems with the IS Knowledge Base's proposed solution.

My project gets/sets some Properties from a user entered Registration Code all handled within a VBScript action which follows Cost Finalize.  The properties are then used as conditions to install various files.  For example, the entered registration code is parsed to indicate that a Property, lets say, COMPANY = ABDG.

I previously placed the condition COMPANY = ABDG on any component that should be installed specific to that company.  This seemed to work on NT & 2K, but not 9X.

I consulted the IS Know. Base which indicated to do the following:  Cut the condition from the component, create a subfeature (which in essence contains/is the component) with an Install Level higher than the project's.  The install level is set to lower than the project's if the original condition evaluates to True.   Then, as a control event, I used AddLocal/Feature/Same Condition.

I used the AddLocal with the behavior of the Install button on the Ready to Install dialog which occurs immediately after the Registration Code VBScript.

Is this OK?  Am I missing something?

My install still seems to be ignoring the conditions and dumps all files to the target.

I hope this is clear, but I doubt it!  MUCH Thanks!!!

(Edited by Superfreak3 at 5:04 pm on Aug. 29, 2001)

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 20:16

I tried a custom action action with a target of Session.DoAction("CostFinalize") called from the Install control on the Ready to Install dialog.  This time it didn't dump all files.  Infact it only laid files with one condition.  Anything with multiple conditions wasn't copied to the target.  This was done with my original configuration with conditions on components which works fine with NT & 2000.

Can anybody help?  I'm hurt'n here!!!