This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

default language

3 replies to this topic

kapilvp

kapilvp
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:16

Hi All,

How to avoid the the setup.exe to select the system's language during installation. How can I force the setup.exe to use the default language instead of system's language during installation ?
The system's languege may be included in the relese wizard , still I want the user to install in default language only and dont want the language select dialog box to come up.

Thanks in Advance.
Kapil P. sad.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:22

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. Why do you want to include dialogs in a langauge but never display them?
Note that the dialog language is independent from any language filtering for your application files.

kapilvp

kapilvp
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:24

Thanks Stefan for the reply.

I am doing a upgrade for the existing apllication. The previuos version of whose I am doing an upgrade use to support different language but the new version supports only one language.
So I am making that language as default and want user to install in default langugae only.
If I remove any of the language from the release wizard and if I try to do the upgarde it throws up an error "error 1638 : Earlier version exists..".
So please help me solve this problem

Kapil P.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:23

I believe you can specify the language using the -l parameter.