This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

png file for ARP icon?

2 replies to this topic

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:16

I was just sent a png file from marketing, who would like to use it as an icon file to appear in Add/Remove programs.

When I link to it within the IDE, however (General Information > Add or Remove Programs > Display Icon), and then attempt to rebuild, it fails with "error -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file".

I am using Installshield 2011. I haven't found definitively whether png is even supported here.

Also, is there a standard size which the file must be to be used in ARP?

Thanks very much.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 17:48

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think ARP supports PNG files. Did you serach MSDN documentation for supported formats?
My suggestion would be to convert it to .ico format. I believe that the standard ico sizes are described somewhere in MSDN.

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 18:23

Thanks, Stefan. I did indeed convert to an ico format for ARP, and requested marketing send me a bmp file for the dialog banners. This solution works well.