This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SMS 2003 problems with Installscript

3 replies to this topic

am9518

am9518
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:36

We are having problems with installscript Custom Actions running on the SMS 2003 Advanced Client. Our packages worked just fine on the SMS 2.0 client. I made sure that the package was running with Admin Rights. We only notice the problem when a Non-Admin user is logged on to the workstation. I can get VBScript Custom Actions to work just fine.

I can MsgBox ProductName just fine in Vbscript. But I can't do a MsiGetProperty on ProductName in Installscript, and cannot display ProductName through a MessageBox. The MessageBox shows up empty.

Again, these problems only happen through SMS 2003 advanced client. If I run the package manually I don't have any problems. We have 1500+ Basic MSI Packages that are having this issue.

I tweaked the ALLUSERS Property in the Isscript9.msi to equal 1. That didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:46

This is probably the classic "custom action runs in system context" issue. Any terminal services active on this server?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:46

Also, are you running the MsiGetProperty from the user interface or the execute sequence?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

am9518

am9518
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 18:32

I don't think any terminal services are running on the server. Why does that matter? I am running the MsiGetProperties from the UI and Exec Sequences. I had no problem at all with the SMS 2.0 client. I have all types of InstallScript CA's. None of them work.