This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge Modules will not install

1 reply to this topic

ankil

ankil
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:32

Hi. 

I need some help with a Merge Module I have made. 

I have an application that needs some redistributalbles/prerequisites to run properly. My app is made in a Basic MSI project. I have added my merge module into my basic MSI project for my app. 

My merge module consists of the following redistributables/Prerequisites

- DAO 3.50

- DAO 3.60

- DirectX9C

- Microsoft Jet Database Engine 3.51

- Mircosoft Jet Database Engine 4.0

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable package(x86)

- MSXML 6.0 SP1

I don't get any warings or errors on my merge module, but I would like the merge module to run all the applications that I have mentioned over. 

Right now my merge module just install the files in a folder, but it does not run them. and that means that the files are there, but you have you run them yourself. And that's a big problem. 

How can I make my app (setup) run the applications in the merge module during the setup of the original application?? 

Please help me :) 

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:10

You mean you created a merge module that includes the installer packages for those redistributables? In this case you would have to add a custom action to run them. However I highly recommend using Prerequisites instead. You can create them using Tools > Prerequisite editor. Some of these prerequsites (VC++ 2012, XML 6) are already included with InstallShield, see Application Data > Redistributables (in Installation Designer) so you simply can add them to your project. The available prerequisites depend on the version of Installshield you have of course (older versions don't include newer prerequisites).

Some of the redistributables you listed seem a bit outdated. Make sure they support your target operating system (and still get security updates from Microsoft)