This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom Dialog in basic MSI project

2 replies to this topic

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 15:10

Hi!
In a basic MSI project I'm trying to use a custom dialog by placing it in the sequence Installation-User Interface. I can display it, but I don't know how to get the values of controls or control states of them.
For this topic it's hard to find help in the book "Developers's Guide" of Bob Baker or in the help library of Installshield. Where can I get general information about working with custom dialogs in a basic MSI project?

//Heike ???

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 16:24

The controls on your dialog will have properties associated with them e.g. RadioButton group.  For each radiobutton you specifiy a value when that control is selected, then after the CostFinalize action the values of the properties will be resolved.

How do you want to use the property values?

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 09:39

I want to have a diectory/file browser to select a file and an edit field for a name (+ button cancel and OK). These values should be stored in the registry. There's also a checkbox. CheckBox checked should mean that the dialog appear as long as it will be unchecked, that the user can register as many 'programs' as he want.

//heike