This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation over Multiple CD

1 reply to this topic

lizii

lizii
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:59

I have 5 Installers, each of varying sizes.

2 are too big to fit on the CD with the other Three - so however i shuffle this i need to build it over roughly 2+ CDs

Now i know you all say "Use a DVD!" - if i could i would -but the people who will be getting this installer will not have dvd drives most likely (!)

So really i just want some advice - how would i setup an autorun which can go

msi1: on this disk
msi2: on this disk
msi3: on this disk
msi4: please insert disk 2
msi5: please insert disk 3

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I realise about the autorun,info and using a html file to make a pretty autorun - just trying to get the last part of "please insert cd2" then on cd 2 it installs the application and then goes back to "please insert cd1" and carries on.

Thanks guys (Yet again!)

lizii

lizii
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:09

Well i got around this problem using a .NET application which then calls each of the files.

Now anyone got another piece of advice....

As you can imagine - i have to change CDS but the .NET application immediately complains when i take the CD out.

Any advice of how to stop that? Or is there no way around this problem?

I thought about making an auxilliary application which will load it somewhere then run it and close itself - but then the problem remains that you have that file floating around their system.