This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Checking Direct X is installed first

3 replies to this topic

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 14:29

Hi

Some of the components I install are dependant on Direct X already being installed on the target machine. As we don't want to install Direct X ourselves, how can I go about checking its already installed on the target machine AND that its of a high enough version???

Any ideas

Michelle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:21

You could use the System Search view to read a registry entry or look for a file (with a minimum version) to verify that DirectX is installed.

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 14:26

Hi

Thanks for the advice on using System Search, I can see how that would work but how would I get the search to be executed.

For example I set up the system search and as a result it sets a property as a result of the system search. What can I do with the property? I want the install to put up a message and then for the installation to stop. How can I use that property? I dont' want to use any scripting of any sort.

Michelle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 13:59

You can use the search result in a launch condition. The System Search wizard will automatically offer you this option. It will end up as Product Condition in the general settings area of the IDE.