This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch is not applied...

1 reply to this topic

Rimantas Varanavicius

Rimantas Varanavicius
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 12:47

Hello,

So now my problem is that some why the patch I generated is not applied correctly. There are no error messages displayed, and the status after patching is complete states, that "The_product has been successfully installed". However the files were not upgraded and the custom actions were not executed.
What may be the problem?

I'm trying to remember the actions that may cause such a change in patch apply process. So far I can reproduce that this started to happen after some changes in custom action, to be executed during patching, implementation. But now the custom action is not executed (I know that, as it used to show up modal dialog and it's not present during current patching)
I tried to get some info from the log file, but did not succeed to find something that, in my opinion, may help.
I'm attaching the log file to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

Rimantas

Attached Files

• Attached File  dlx1.log   82.79KB   75 downloads

Rimantas Varanavicius

Rimantas Varanavicius
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 12:59

Forgot to mention, that I’ve tried to view the patch over the target image using orca. In a File table the files I'd like to be patched are marked as removed, and new versions of them are added. Then why this does not happen while applying patch?

Rimantas