This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Detect Maintenance Mode

2 replies to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 15:48

I am using a script that I found on this site that was evidently writting in an older version of IS. It has the program and endprogram tags in there. I am having trouble detecting Maintenance mode. I need to extract lots of registry information during the uninstall process and can't seem to get it working. I have added OnMaintUIAfter and it doesn't even get processed.

Thanks,
Robbie
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 15:50

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the setup doesn't enter maintenance mode if I run the executable a second time after installing. It just installs again. I have to go to Add/Remove programs to uninstall the application.

Thanks again,
Robbie
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 22:21

You will have to convert to event based script. One way would be to get the relevant functions out of the sample and insert them in a new (event based) project. There are other options, too. There's a white paper on InstallShield's web site about migration from IS5 to IS6 which discusses this.