This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modifying the .msi

2 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 09:43

What I want to do is create a post-process to modify the the ISWI 2.03 generated .msi file after the build is complete.

As detailed in this forum on occasions the ISWI Script Engine inexplicably fails causing "Setup Interuptted..."  

Removing the "Not Installed" condition on the "EngineStartup" action in the InstallUISequence table seems to rectify the problem.

But how would I go about automating this step (Preferably in Visual C++.)

Thanks In Advance,
Dave

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 09:50

Unfortunately IPWI doesn't support automatic execution of post build tasks (BTW IS6 has this capability). The alternative would be a batch build using the command line builder.
To modify the entry you have to run some SQL commands, either in a EXE or via VB Script. The Windows Installer SDK has some sample scripts and documentation. Source code for a similar tool can be found here on InstallSite under Windows Installer -> Tools & Tips -> Hide "Advertise" Option on Unsupported Platforms