This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dealing with Active Directory

2 replies to this topic

Richard GILL

Richard GILL
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 14:52

Has anyone already made some code and/or dll to deal with users, groups and machines of a 2000 domain ?

For the installation of our Client/Server software, we need to manage/create users and groups, and to discover hosts declared on a domain, to easily install/update the soft on client workstations.

As we have to support NT4 domains, the best I could have would be something generic to support either NT4 domains or 2000 active directory.

thanks.

Annie

Annie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 08:46

I have made a special DLL to create user and put in Administrator domain and give us special rights such as Log on as service.
In fact those users are used in the Startup/log on of the services I have to install.
It works on Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 active directory.
I can give you the source of my library but I don't kwow what is the best way to do that ?.
Annie.

Annie

Annie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 09:22

I found source code to programmatically create a user on MSDN. Article HOWTO: Manage User Privileges Programmatically in Windows NT - Q132958-
I you want my source code, may be you can give me your email and I send it to you.
Annie.