This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

placing text in to a file

4 replies to this topic

asrinivas

asrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:48

Hi,

I Want to write the value of a property( like Username and organization entered at the time of installation ) in to a file at some location.

like in the file the format is

key1=
key2= i want to concat the values after =
please tell me how to concat in to a file with the properties
Please it is very urgent task to me

Regards,
A.Srinivas

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 14:07

This is exactly what INI files are for. Try to add an INI file entry to your setup and just fill in the properties as follows:

key1=[Username]
key2=[Organization]

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 18:06

You can add INI entires in the "INI File Changes" view of the IDE. As "Data Value" you can enter properties in square brackets, even multiple if you need to concatenate them.

asrinivas

asrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:15

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2007-04-24 18:06)
You can add INI entires in the "INI File Changes" view of the IDE. As "Data Value" you can enter properties in square brackets, even multiple if you need to concatenate them.

Thanks a lot for Your support.
But i want to enter the values into a web.config file. can we have a chance to enter the values it to web.config file?

Regards,
A.Srinivas

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:12

If the web.config file is formatted as an INI file you should still be able to use the INI file feature of MSI. If it is formatted as XML you need to write your own custom action to do the update.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul