This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Fatal error 1603

3 replies to this topic

psr-kumar

psr-kumar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 22:39

Hi!I am working on my first Installation package. I thought I have made some progress till I came across this error message.

"Feature Transfer Error:
Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation.Consult Windows Installer Help(Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

I did check the installation log file and there seems to be some error with the Installshield script engine ( ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Failed to RegisterMsiServer, Error = 0x80004005 ). Does this make any sense?What should be done?
Also, even though the installation was aborted the files are still present on the destination computer. Am I missing something!

I tried to look for some references in this forum but couldn't find any. Can anyone throw some light on this issue?
Thanks and regards,
Kumar
(Is this the right place for this message? My apologies if it isn't)

psr-kumar

psr-kumar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 17:18

Well!I was able to fix the Fatal error... issue. :-)
-Kumar

bcdady

bcdady
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 23:39

Hi Kumar,
I am attempting to determine the cause of the same error message in isolated instances. How did you resolve your issue? I am recieving 0x80004004; the only difference I can detect in the two test cases is that one is run by Administrator, the other by SYSTEM.

psr-kumar

psr-kumar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 16:27

Hi! I apologize for the delayed response. It has been a while that I modified the installer but here's a link that might be of relevance to you.
http://support.insta...ticleid=Q107182

Regards,
Kumar