This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ImsiServerStartup Error 1603

1 reply to this topic

MatB

MatB
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 16:05

Hi all

Has anyone had this error while trying to remotely install installshields SPSS.
We use tactical manager to deploy single applications for testing purposes before releasing to SMS for regional testing.
I have a batch file that installs isscript.msi first then SPSS.12.msi with vendor Transform slightly tweaked using the /qn and L*V %LOGDIR%

the package sits on a ldn server and we manage it from Sydney. I can send the package back to Syd ok but cannot forward it onto london or Zurich without getting the 1603 error.

I have tried to increase the disk size in the setup.ini file without success.

Any sugestions are warmly appreciated.

dry.gif

MatB

MatB
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:27

What is error 1603 trying to tell me?
Error:

1: Event 'E3250601' is created
1: GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return code = 0x800401e3
1: [GUID]
1: ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Failed to create InstallDriver, Error = 0x8000401a Action ended ISMsiServerStartup. Return Value 1603

This error is a pain, because you see little to no detail in the event log. This error is telling you that the local system (or current account) does not have access to launch DCOM. Particularly if you are using Group Policy to deploy the MSI, this appears because it is the local system account that initiates action before any user is logged on. In doing so, Windows Installer launches the InstallScript DCOM engine as user "interactive user" and generates this failure.

To resolve this problem you may use DCOMCNFG.EXE to change the launch identity of "InstallShield InstallDriver" and "InstallShield InstallDriver String Table" to "Launching user".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this looks interesting will let you nkow how it goes