This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need to know the max license file size accepted by

6 replies to this topic

ashwinic

ashwinic
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:49

Hi All,

I have a old install shield project. Install shield 5.5 professional edition(1990-1998).
I want to add license file to it. But, as per my observation, installshield does not show the license file, if its size goes beyond 64K.
I use "sdLicense" function. No other function for license is available in that release.

Please help me out with this.
I am not able to reduce the size of my License.txt as well.

Any help will be HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 13:17

I haven't used that particular version of IS or faced such a problem before, but it sounds like you may have to resort to a custom dialog in that case. Either to display the license directly -or- have a launch option to open the file in some text editor along with a check box for the user to acknowledge having read & agree to the terms.
user posted image

ashwinic

ashwinic
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:11

I already have a project created in installshield. But, If the size of license file (.txt file) exceeds 64 Kb, no text appears in the dialog of license. If I reduce the size of text file, whole license gets displayed on the screen.
No special characters are there in the file. This problem is becuase of file size only.
I wonder, is there any license file size limit for sdLicense function of installshield?

Also, as the version of installshield we are using is pretty old, no other function (like sdLicenseEx, etc.) is available. So, have to use sdLicense function only.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 13:32

I understand the problem and I'm sure there is a size limit for the built-in licensing dialog which is why I'm suggesting you try a custom dialog. I believe that functionality is available even in that old version, but check the documentation in the help file.
user posted image

ashwinic

ashwinic
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:51

I am a new bee for IS. Can you plz help me out by telling detail steps for using custom dialog?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 13:37

Check out this custom dialog article which was primarly written for IS6, but also covers IS5.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 14:47

I vaguely recall such a size/memory limit.