This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting support information

3 replies to this topic

Mõbius

Mõbius
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:40

Hi, and one more problem,

after installation there is a link in the Add/Remove item in the control panel, where support information are provided. There is only show the version number I entered in the setup project options. How can I fill these dialog with more details or what can I do that this dialog will disappear. I filled all possible properties in the setup project properties.

Thanks for your help

Mõbius

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 19:57

To modify what is put in Add/Remove by default you need to access the registry directly. Something like this modifies the name, <> means insert your info here:

In OnFirstUIAfter do something like:
CODE

RegDBSetDefaultRoot(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE);
  szKey= "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{<PROJECT_GUID>}";  
  nRet = RegDBSetKeyValueEx(szKey, "DisplayName", REGDB_STRING, "<NEW NAME>", nSize);

Check out the post by Clareb22 on Support Information for a link to other parameters you can modify this way.

Dagostini

Dagostini
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 19:03

Under ISD 7.04 look under General Information: Add/Remove Programs, all the information you could ever want to modify is under here.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 16:11

Dagostini: what you say is correct for InstallShield Developer 7. However this forum is about InstallShield Professional 7. Therefore prozacrefugee's suggestions is the right one.