This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files removed on Win2K but not on Win2003 Machines

2 replies to this topic

dxue

dxue
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:20

Strange! My upgrade installer has different behavor on Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server machines. In Windows 2003 Server machines, a whole bunch of .gif files under a particular folder are removed by upgrade whereas these files are left untouched by upgrade on Windows 2000 Server machines. Install log in the first case doesn't indicate any reason for RemoveFiles action. It just listed the deleted files for FileRemove.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:06

I have always found Windows Installer a pain when i comes to using the RemoveFiles table becuase even in verbose mode, it does not tell you why it did not remove a file listed in the table.

Check to see that the path for your file is correct, and that the install mode is correct for that particular component.

dxue

dxue
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 17:46

Thanks Luke. The thing is that I did not add these files to the RemoveFiles table. In what circumstances, Windows Installer adds file entries to that table automatically?