This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

PFTW *.exe version number

5 replies to this topic

InstallNjnear

InstallNjnear
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 17:42

Is there any way to change the version number in a Package For The Web executable package?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 17:46

Yes, in PFTW 3 you can specify most of the information on the Version tab (version, company, copyright, ...)
InstallShield customers can download PFTW3 for free.

InstallNjnear

InstallNjnear
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 19:59

I've done this, but when I right-click the *.exe file and look at the version number on the version tab (Win2000), the version number is totally different than what I specified.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2001 - 21:58

Win2000 is different than other Windows versions. Each exe has two versions: one instring format, and one in number format (DWORD). Older Windows versions used to display the version string on the version tab, but Win2000 shows the numeric file version. Looks like PFTW only sets the string. (Try on another OS to verify). BTW this difference only aplies to the file version. The product version is always displayed as string,, even on Win2000.

Ericb

Ericb
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 21:26

Verified!
Win2K is only one that does this. 95/98/NT are "OK"
I want to be able to change file version as well.

mvhoang

mvhoang
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2001 - 01:43

The version you specified in PFTW is the product version, and when you open properties of *.exe that is file version.  So you need to click on product version to see the version that you just specified in PFTW ( I can see it from Windows 2000.)
Good luck.