This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I remove features from my patch?

2 replies to this topic

Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 15:39

Hi Group,

I want to exclude the files that are contained in the "Demo", "Training" and "Sample" features from my patch, since these are non-essential features, which contain large AVI and PDF files and which add 86 MBs to any patch I create!
How can i go about this?

P.S. I have thought about deleting these files from the 'previous' and 'newer' packages BEFORE running the (InstallShield Develeoper 7.04) patch wizard, is this advisable or will this create problems in the future?

Thank you in advance,
Ian.

Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:41

I have realized, that what I did NOT say was that all of these features (Demos, Samples and Training) consist of components whose files are obtained via the “Dynamic file linking” facility of InstallShield. Therefore what I am asking is how can I exclude Dynamically linked files from my patch? Since these files are effectively irrelevant to the program itself and add 86MBs to any patch I make even if there is NO version change in ANY other file.

Any help on this will be MOST appreciated!  :D
Ian.

Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 15:51

After much toil, I will now answer my own question:

I realized that if I set the "Missing Source Files" property of the Patch Creation Wizard–Previous Packages Panel to Ignore while creating patch then I was free to create a separate package which ONLY contained the newer files that i needed to be upgraded.

I hope this helps others in a similar predicament! :D
Ian.